The Real Issues with SOPA/PIPA

The issue I have with this policy is the extreme power that corporations would have to decipher between what's copyrighted and what is not. And with the way our laws can be twisted for the wrong intention instead of seeking true justice, I can already see the headlines " lawsuit: 10 yr old girl sued over interpretation of Kelly Clarkson song on Youtube"....Stealing is stealing and there should be boundaries, but those boundaries should be made based on common sense.

Additionally, I was watching the Polish news tonite and I found it interesting that the youth in Poland is protesting against these acts as well. Actually, with the research I stumbled upon throughout the week, I am really surprised at how involved Poland is in Internet Security. - protests everywhere, government website hacking - websites going black...it's quite a phenomenon.

(http://seeker401.wordpress.com/2012/01/27/forget-about-sopa-pipa-acta-already-owns-you-poland-protests/)

No comments:

Post a Comment