Some Thoughts on Global Wallets

I have actually looked into this technology and I think it is beneficial but there are still issues to consider.

For example, I own an I-Phone, and I charge my phone at least twice a day. What would happen if I needed to use my phone wallet in a dire emergency and the battery died? I would be stuck with no way to pay for my purchase.

I actually wound up looking into this out of curiosity and the problem has already been considered.

Places of interest would have to have inductive charging zones, "which would enable wireless re-charging of mobile devices either on or in the proximity of a charging station built into various surfaces. In other words, surfaces in restaurants, on trains, airplanes and anywhere that people are on the go, will be equipped with inductive charging technology, keeping devices charging while idle." (Stephens)

Functional, yes- but I don't know if I like the idea of so much radiation around me.

Stephens, D. Retreived from http://www.retailprophet.com/blog/2011/11/14/the-problem-with-mobile-wallet-no-one-is-talking-about/

No comments:

Post a Comment